Thursday, April 29, 2010

4th Birthday outfit



This is Freja as she headed off to pre-school this morning in her 4th birthday outfit.

The skirt is another Insa from the Farbenmix book Sewing Clothes Kids Love, although I cut this one out in a hurry and forgot I to add a seam allowance to the pieces, so it's a little smaller all over than the last one. I love this pattern, it's so quick and easy to sew-up (especially if you're lazy like me and don't topstitch the seams) and it hangs really nicely. The fabrics (only two this time) are from Hobby Lobby and the top skirt is trimmed with ric-rac. The bottom skirt is trimmed with what I now know is called eyelet lace in the US, but I would have called it broderie anglaise. I bought the t-shirt and did a very quick applique on it in one of the skirt fabrics. I was going to make a hairband to match but with making her birthday cupcakes I ran out of time. As it turns out there was this beautiful corsage hairband in the parcel her Granny had sent from Sweden so she decided to wear that today too.

Happy Birthday gorgeous girl! xxxx

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home